Optimizing your website for SEO is not that simple. There are certain rules or steps that you should follow so your website could work exactly the way you want.
However, learning the steps is not the first step. In order for your website to be productive, you must be able to know the different reasons why you should learn how to optimize for SEO and conversions.
Let’s discuss the following reasons:
- Making your website useful for your visitors and audience – always remember that Google’s algorithm provides careful attention to the different signs that a particular web page will provide its searchers the information that they are looking for.
- Growing your organic traffic – it is free to attract organic traffic through SEO. Therefore it is worthy to invest your time growing your organic traffic. And invest your money to develop and promote valuable content.
- Forcing your website to really work hard – it is true that nowadays, it would be possible for anyone to build a website. However, only a few know how to create a website that produces positive results. But in order for you to achieve this, you have to closely study and monitor your audience and provide them the content that they are looking for.
Now, let’s talk about the 8 simple steps of optimizing your website for SEO.
- Analysis of your web data
By collecting lots of data from your website, you will start to notice patterns. For example, few visitors visit your site and didn’t click on your Call to Action (CTA). Well, consider it as normal.
However, if a huge percentage visited your site and ignored your CTA, there might be some adjustments that you need to do.
- Conduct keyword research
Think about why your prospects would search for a keyword and what would they assume to find on a particular page about that keyword. Do this many times as you constantly create more pages for your website.
- Create long and valuable content
For your website to rank higher, you should produce value-rich content that contains valuable resources. If lots of your visitors spend a long time reading your articles/content, then it would likely send a signal to Google that you are producing more valuable information.
- Optimizing your on-page SEO
To do this, put your primary keyword on your headline and at least one on your subheadline. Scatter your other related keywords throughout the body of your content providing a clear context for each.
- Optimizing your off-page SEO
This refers to how you optimize your website via external ways such as social media activities, guest blogging, or brand mentions.
- Optimizing your website for mobile devices
Do you know that you may rank better when Google finds out you are focusing on mobile-friendliness?
- Speeding up your web pages
Have you tried to visit a website that almost takes forever to load? Then probably, you just hit the ‘back’ button and look for others.
Visit Google’s PageSpeed Insights to learn more about how to speed up your web pages.
Build a solid backlink profile by sharing your articles with influencers and other blogs in your topic or niche. This will certainly help you in climbing up the ranks.